Постдок позиција: Управљање хетерогеним подацима и анализа
Истраживачка група MORElab – envisioning Future Internet, DeustoTech – Deusto Institute of Technology, Билбао, тражи кандидата за постдок.
- PostDoc Position: Data Scientist on Heterogeneous Data Management and Analytics
The MORElab – envisioning Future Internet (http://www.morelab.deusto.es/) research group is one of the largest and most successful research groups at Deusto Foundation and belongs to DeustoTech-Internet, a research unit within DeustoTech – Deusto Institute of Technology.
The group has a strong background in the application of Artificial Intelligence techniques to middleware for embedded and mobile system in order to foster context-aware reactivity. In addition, the group is currently focusing its research on the area of Smart Cities by leveraging its expertise on Ubiquitous Computing, Linked Open Data management and recommendation and social data mining (Big Data Analytics) to extract structured data from social networks and thus enable urban apps assisting the daily activities of citizens or visitors.
MORElab has recently obtained recognition as recognized research group within the Basque university system. As result of this grant, there is an opening to complete our research skills in heterogeneous data management and analytics. Concretely, we are looking for a PostDoc helping us in the execution of research projects and preparation of proposals of new European projects in the area of ICT oriented towards the resolution of socioeconomic issues. The group is currently embarked in several European H2020 projects which involve knowledge and expertise in the following sub-fields. In particular, the candidate will work in the following H2020 projects: SIMPATICO (http://www.simpatico-project.eu/) and the H2020 starting in January 2018 EDI – European Data Incubator.
The candidates are expected to have knowledge in some of the following fields:
· Big Data processing infrastructures and stacks
· Natural language processing and Big Data Analytics
· Visualization techniques
· Linked Data
· ICT infrastructure to foster Open Government
· Co-creation and Open Innovation approaches
· Semantic Web, IoT and Web of Data
Additional knowledge in the following fields will be taken into account for accessing to the open position:
· Crowdsourcing techniques – user-generated data verification and processing
· Dialogue systems and chatbots
· HCI, gamification and behaviour change modelling
· User engagement and user experience
· Open Services and micro services
We are looking for candidates willing to join our team and help us consolidating our increasing expertise in the application of solutions around the extensive usage of data. This research group focuses on the “V” of variety within Big Data solutions. We are very interested on bringing together structured and non-structured data from heterogeneous sources, namely personal sensing devices, IoT sensor networks, Open Government Data, user-generated data through apps or social networks and even private data. The group faces the challenge of how to make sense out of data, progressing from data into knowledge. A core area that wants to be tackled is how to interpret human generated data and how to portray information to people in a more understandable manner. We want to progress on data understandability both by/for machines and people.
Candidates for this position should submit their CVs and a letter of interest explaining why they suit the requested need to email@example.com
Requirements that must be fulfilled by candidates are:
· PhD in an area related to Big and Linked Data, NLP, IoT, HCI/UX, Dialogue Systems, Gamification, Open Government
· Proven track record of expertise in the area by a good range of impact publications and open source contributions
· Experience in the execution of past projects and in the preparation of proposals, particularly European, will be valued.
· The candidate will integrate into the project team of one of our active European projects, namely SIMPATICO, WeLive, GreenSoul, City4Age or EDI. The candidate will actively participate in the preparation of European proposals and offers and execution of industrial projects. His/her integration into MORElab team will be an opportunity to develop as an applied research scientist in close contact with excellence research in the European domain and the Basque industrial sector.
Salary will be in the range 27-34K€ depending on the experience of the candidate.
To apply fill in the following form: http://bit.ly/2g9R0tZ