Belgrade, University of Belgrade, Faculty of Philology (on-line event)
The first Serbian dissemination event in the context of the European Language Grid (ELG) will take place on 11th March 2022.
The workshop will be held on-line, via Zoom platform. Automatic simultaneous subtitling of English presentations and translation into Serbian will be provided by ELITR and can be accessed at the following link.
We would be very grateful if you would fill in this google form as a feedback to the subtitling service, after or during the event.
|The event was streamed on the YouTube channel of the Society for Language Resources and Technologies, JeRTeH.|
Register for the event
Participants registered to take part in Zoom will receive connection details by 10 March 2022.
Part 1: European Language Grid Workshop
- 10:00-10:05 Welcome (Prof. Cvetana Krstev)
- 10:05-10:45 Overview Presentation on the European Language Grid and Euroopean Language Equality (incl. demo; Prof. Dr. Georg Rehm, Deutsches Forschungszentrum für Künstliche Intelligenz, Germany)
- 10:45-11:05 Resources and metadata in the ELG catalogue (incl. demo; MSc Penny Labropoulou, Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Language and Speech Processing, Greece)
- 11:00-11:15 Q&A
- 11:15-11:30 Unsupervised Sentiment Analysis of Telco Customer Complaints (Đorđe Hirš, Data Science Team Lead, Yettel Serbia)
- 11:30-11:45 Regional Experiences and Support in Building Chat Bots (Dušan Jovičić, Software Developer at ComTrade)
Part 2: Recent Advancements in Language Technologies for Serbian
- 12:00-12:15 The Corpus of Contemporary Serbian SrpKOR2021 (Prof. Ranka Stanković, Faculty of Mining and Geology & Prof. Duško Vitas, Faculty of Mathematics)
- 12:15-12:30 Leximirka – a Lexicographic Data-Base and Application (Biljana Rujević, MSc, Faculty of Mining and Geology & Prof. Ranka Stanković, Faculty of Mining and Geology)
- 12:30-12:45 Deep POS-Taggers and the old Novels (Mihailo Škorić, MSc, Faculty of Mining and Geology & Branislava Šandrih Todorović, PhD, Faculty of Philology)
- 12:45-13:00 NER and (much more) Beyond (Branislava Šandrih Todorović, PhD, Faculty of Philology & Milica Ikonić Nešić, MSc, Faculty of Philology)
- 13:00-13:15 SrpELTeC – A Corpus of 100+ Novels for Reading, Analyzing and Training (Prof. Cvetana Krstev, Faculty of Philology & Milica Ikonić Nešić, MSc, Faculty of Philology)
- 13:15-13:30 Discussion
This workshop is organized within the EU-funded project European Language Grid (2019-2022), by the University of Belgrade, Faculty of Philology and the Society for Language Resources and Technologies, JeRTeH.